2014 Major Change Models
2014 Major Change Models
2014 is going to be a busy year for new models. The biggest news for 4WD pickup truck and SUV lovers is expected release of Major Change Toyota Hilux Vigo and 2014 Toyota Fortuner. Here is the expected schedule for 2014 Next Generation vehicles.
The following models are expected in January 2014:
- 2014 Major Change Fiat Viaggio: Chinese-built Viaggio small sedan shares its underpinnings with the Dodge Dart and the Alfa Romeo Giulietta. It will be powered by Fiat’s 1.4-litre turbocharged four-cylinder petrol engine and will be a new player in the ever-expanding premium small-car segment.
- 2014 Major Change Hyundai Genesis Coupe: It is likely to be a rear while drive vehicle with either a 2.0-llitre turbo-four or a 3.8-litre V6
- 2014 Major Change Kia Carnival: The all-new 2014 model Kia Carnival will have updated styling to bring it into line with the rest of the Peter Schreyer-penned Kia family
- 2014 Major Change Lexus Compact SUV is likely to be based on Toyota RAV4 and is expected to give BMW X1 a run for its money. Hybrid power is likely and we could even see a fully electric version, based around the Tesla-powered RAV4 EV’s powertrain
- 2014 Major Change Renault Zoe: Renault will likely expand its EV line-up with the Clio-sized Zoe joining its bigger Fluence ZE sibling in 2014. Zoe shares some of its powertain with Japanese partner company Nissan’s Leaf and has a potential range of up to 210 km on full charge
The following models are expected in February 2014:
- 2014 Major Change Alfa Romeo Guilia: This replacement for Alfa’s 159 sedan will boast a new 1.8-litre turbo-petrol engine with 224kW. Underpinned by Giulietta’s platform, the Giulia will offer sharp ride/handling balance
- 2014 Major Change Morgan Eva GT: The first four-seat Morgan will be constructed of aircraft-style superformed aluminium body panels riding on a lightweight bonded aluminium chassis. Powered by BMW’s direct-injection twin-turbo 225kW/400Nm inline petrol six, the Eva GT should be good for 0-100km/h acceleration in about 4.5 seconds and a 273km/h top speed, yet consume just 7.0L/100km
The following models are expected in March 2014:
- 2014 Major Change Alfa Romeo SUV: ALFA Romeo’s first SUV will be produced alongside an all-new compact Jeep crossover in Italy as a result of Fiat and Chrysler’s technology sharing strategy
- 2014 Major Change BMW 0 Series: The 0 Series will share its underpinnings with the next-generation Mini to become the first BMW-branded front-drive car
- 2014 Major Change Porsche Macan: Porsche’s baby SUV Macan will be based on Audi’s Q5
The following models are expected in April 2014:
- 2014 Major Change Ford Evos Coupe: Evos gullwing-doored coupe in addition to new design will boast Ford Focus-like proportions
- 2014 Major Change Nissan Ellure: Ellure will be based on the Ellure concept previewed at the 2010 LA show
- 2014 Major Change Lamborghini Sesto Elemento Super-lightweight at 999kg and super-powerful with 419kW, Lamborghini claims the Sesto Elemento concept can blast from 0-100km/h in a phenomenal 2.5 seconds. Various carbon-fibre technologies are said to have made their world-first automotive application with this car. The lightweight construction also aids the reduction of fuel consumption and emissions.
- 2014 Major Change Nissan NV200: This Nissan EV is based on Nissan Leaf and has a battery range of between 100 and 170 km depending on speed and conditions
The following model is expected in May 2014:
- 2014 Major Change Peugeot VELV: The VELV concept from French conglomerate PSA Peugeot Citroen has an enclosed car-like front-end and narrow rear track with motorcycle-style exposed suspension components. Like a McLaren F1 supercar, the driver sits front and centre, with the two passenger spaces further back. It weighs 650kg and is powered by a 20kW electric motor good for 110km/h, with a 100km range from its 8.5kWh battery
- 2014 Major Change BMW i8: BMW first hybrid supercar i8 is based on the Vision EfficientDynamics concept from the 2009 Frankfurt show. The concept offered M3 performance but Prius fuel economy, thanks to a 120kW 1.5-litre three-cylinder turbodiesel engine in combination with two electric motors
- 2014 Major Change Gordon Murray Teewave AR.1: The 3975mm long, 1765mm wide Gordon Murray Teewave AR.1 roadster’s 850kg weight includes a 240kg, 16kWh lithium-ion battery pack that can be fully charged in six hours and provides a claimed 186km range when sending power to the road through a mid-mounted 47kW electric motor borrowed from a Mitsubishi i-MiEV.
- 2014 Major Change Jensen Interceptor: This four-seat grand tourer sports car originally produced between 1966 and 1976, is set to make a thoroughly modern comeback. A public unveiling is planned for late 2012, with first deliveries in 2014 from a new facility to be built on the site of Jaguar’s old Browns Lane factory in Coventry, UK.
The following model is expected in June 2014:
- 2014 Major Change Volvo XC90: Volvo’s next-generation XC90 large SUV will feature Volvo lightweight new scalable architecture and its new four-cylinder engine range. A plug-in hybrid or fully electric model is also likely
The following model is expected in July 2014:
- 2014 Major Change Kia GT: KIA’S first rear-wheel-drive concept car, the GT sports sedan, will become a reality in 2014 and will be released with V8 firepower. The coupe will give it a place in upmarket niche
- 2014 Major Change Lotus Elite: Power for the front-engined 2+2 Elite coupe will come from a supercharged Lexus 5.0-litre V8 that revs to 8500rpm. Confirmed to produce up to 455kW/720Nm in top-shelf ‘R’ form, it will be linked to an optional hybrid transmission. Lotus says the Elite will achieve the sprint to 100km/h in 3.5 to 3.7 seconds, making it a match for some of the world’s finest supercars
The following model is expected in September 2014:
- 2014 Major Change Volvo Concept You: The next generation Volvo S80 is likely to be based on the Concept You show car from the 2011 Frankfurt exhibition. Its unusual styling reminds one of a marine mammal
The following models are expected in October 2014:
- 2014 Major Change Audi R8: The second-generation Audi R8 supercar should achieve significant weight savings, unprecedented levels of stiffness and strength, while retaining real-world crash-repair practicalities by combining aluminium spaceframe construction with exotic materials like carbon-fibre. Audi is aiming for the R8’s body in white structure to tip the scales at just 198kg
- 2014 Major Change Renault DeZir: Renault’s coupe concept could enter production as an answer to the stylish RCZ coupe from French arch-rival Peugeot. Rear-wheel drive DeZir based on a tubular steel frame with a kerb weight of just 830kg, offers a zero-emissions driving range of about 160km, a top speed of 180km/h and can accelerate to 100km/h in just five seconds
- 2014 Major Change Tesla Model X: Tesla is generally known for building electric powered sports cars plans to add a seven-seat SUV to its line-up.
The following models are expected are November 2014:
- 2014 Major Change Mini: The MkIII Mini hatch will spawn the first front-drive BMW, so expect class-leading dynamics and high technology coupled with fuel-sipping new engines and possibly an electric or hybrid model
- 2014 Major Change Audi e-tron: Combining a mid-mounted, twin-turbocharged 3.0-litre V6 diesel engine and a pair of electric motors to drive all four wheels, the Audi e-tron Spyder will have startling acceleration, racing to 100km/h from rest in just 4.4 seconds. It will be able to travel 50km on electricity alone and return fuel economy of 2.2l/100km, saving the planet will never have been so much fun
- 2014 Major Change Hyundai BLUE-WILL: Hyundai’s first dedicated plug-in petrol-electric vehicle is conceptually similar to the Chevrolet Volt and Toyota’s Prius Plug-In but contains a world-first lithium-ion polymer battery pack powering a 100kW electric motor, which supplements Hyundai’s all-alloy 113kW 1.6-litre GDI petrol engine
- 2014 Major Change Infiniti LE: This is a luxury five-seat EV described by Infiniti as a “stylish, high-performance luxury vehicle with zero emissions technology”. Proportions are expected to be similar to the Etherea concept but the styling will carry more traits from the Essence concept